Attn: Current 4th-grade parents:
The fifth-grade team is very excited about our prospect of attending Outdoor Ed next year.
If you were unable to attend the meeting on Thursday, here are a few highlights.
- Students attend camp for 4 nights. They enjoy outdoor classrooms and learn about the environment first hand with teachers from Exploring New Horizons. The principal of the school will be visiting Lydiksen in the fall to share a little more information and will go into depth on what to bring and what the week entails.
- A yellow form will be sent home with your students. Please ONLY fill out and submit if you and you child are interested in this program. It is optional and the correct amount of forms submitted allows us to plan and collect the correct amount of funds.
- The fair share contribution per student is $375.
- Students receive transportation by bus, all meals (except lunch the first day, students will pack one), housing in heated cabins, education by college degreed staff, and a wonderful social learning environment.
A deposit of $200 is requested by May 19th. This will allow the fifth-grade teachers to secure our reservation with confidence that the remaining money will come in by the deadline.
- Checks can be made to PUSD and turned into the office, 4th-grade teachers or 5th-grade staff (please put 2017-2018 Science Camp in the memo)
- You may make a payment anytime via the PayPal link below. Please add the correct processing fee amount to your donation. This fee is 2.9% times the donation amount plus $0.13. For example, if you plan to donate $375 the total will be $386.
- Donations can be made in any increments from now until November.
- Students will be receiving a box to take home and collect money from chores, doing bake sales….etc. They will be asked to turn in at either Walk Thru Registration or Ice Cream Social. 🙂
Thank you for supporting Outdoor Education.